Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Snowy Day in Hapjeong.



It snowed here in our fine Seoul neighborhood. Fat, wet drops of it on our way home from work yesterday. Hooray!


From the front window.


From the back.


Oh, I made cookies today. I used the wrong recipe for my purposes. I will choose better next time. Even still, for toaster oven cookies with no butter and several other ingredient substitutions, these are quite fair. Dan ran out and bought me a list of ingredients, and he said that two people asked him how they could help him and then found everything for him (going so far as to translate some of the words with a cell phone dictionary). Dan came home with everything, well, vanilla powder instead of extract, but good enough. We have been thinking up slogans for Korea. Here is what we have so far- Korea: It just makes sense. Korea: It's a good idea. Korea: Only in Itaewon. I would add to that list something clever about how people are nicer and kinder and more goodly here.


We dumpster dove this. Well, we saw it on the way home the other day, and Dan carried it back for me. Isn't it great? I keep wanting to say fancy about things here, but truly everything is just fancier here. I might paint it, though. So now all my knitting things are contained, and I've got Sosipater and his pals sitting up top.

-Serenity

2 comments:

  1. I love your posts. I love your photos. I love snow. I love Easy Bake Oven cookies. I love your fancy Korean life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Crystal. We love it too!

    ReplyDelete