Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Birth Story to Follow, Here are Pictures



He came quickly, just like my mother's first born son.

Today he learned what hungry is, and it is blowing his mind. A hungry baby is probably the world's most pitiful creature.



We were able to, with the help of Dan's manager (and also soon-to-deliver pregnant friend), call for a free non-emergency ambulance. Here we are dodging Sunday morning traffic. We left our apartment at 8:00 AM and arrived at Medi-Flower Birth Center at 8:30 AM.


At 9:31 AM, this happened.


Pretty awesome little gollum I got. Also, messy.


New family.


Almost immediately after catching our baby, our doctor offered to take a picture.


And then I died to sleep.


Baby hair comes pre-gelled.


Awake again.


Looking out the window. Soon it would rain for the next 12 hours.


It's really nice to have had a baby.


Free snuggles all day long.


Dan changing his first diaper.


Furry little guy.


Manners intrinsic. He knows to cover his mouth when he yawns.


We can't tell yet who he looks like, but he has Dan's nose and lips. So, maybe bottom half Dan, top half me?


With their matching faces.



Many sleeps were had by all.


Then it was time to go home. Dresses like a frog, acts like a frog. Originally, they were going to let us go home on Sunday. Because of my moderately swift labor, though, I experienced a minor bout of uterine atony, and they kept me overnight to massage my uterus and keep me from fainting on the toilet...twice.


Neither of us remember Dan looking that tired, but it obviously happened.


Camper sleeps in a tent. But, really, it's good because we have mosquitoes, and, truthfully, this was the cheapest bed we could find.


It is swathed in a pirated Care Bear fabric, Korean style.


With feet and toes! There was a second in the hospital when his pinky toe was tucked behind the others, and I almost thought he was missing one. But we found it.

-Serenity

1 comment:

  1. Double AWWW!! :) I'm so happy for you!! :)

    Jenn from www.thehansonsinkorea.com (in case you were wondering.. lol)

    ReplyDelete